Sunday, April 27, 2008

Donning the Red, White and Blue

It's Sunday morning, and I've just been through my closet again. How could I have missed such important staples in my wardrobe colors as red, white and blue??? I don't like to wear blue jeans to church, but hey - they are blue! Red - whew! There's that red striped shirt from a few years ago during a Walmart sale. White? Okay, there's my white sweater. Quick check there isn't any ketchup stains on it - Yep! I can wear it!

What's with the patriotic wardrobe requirements?

It's my new tribute to my son, Adam, who is at Boot Camp right now. I drove him to report for duty and he won't be home until September.

Ugh! My heart aches already. It's too quiet. It's too neat. If I lose stuff now, it's because I moved it not him. If I can't sleep now, it's because the noise in my head is too loud compared to his nocturnal noise in his room.

It's time to go. I'm missing something. What is it?

Oh yeah - the full armor of God.

"Lord, dress me with your armor. Clothe me in your strength. Focus my eyes with your vision."


No comments: